Study in Canada

An enormous landmass :Canada is a huge country. It has a total land area of 9,984,670 square kilometres, making it the second largest country in the world. It takes seven days to drive from Halifax, Nova Scotia to Vancouver, British Columbia. Canada has six separate time zones—Newfoundland, Atlantic, Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific.

Canada is the 33rd largest country in the world in terms of population                                                                                                                  

Canada's education system is excellent and ranks among the best in the world.Moreover Canadian tuition fees are among the lowest in English-speaking countries.

Nature and four distinct seasons: While Canada has big cities, certain cities almost never have snow in the winter while other cities may get a lot. There's something for everyone, including indoor and outdoor recreational activities at no or low cost.           

Health Insurance: All Canadians and permanent residents may apply for health insurance. When you have health insurance you do not have to pay directly for most health-care services. They are paid for through your taxes. When you use health-care services, you simply show your health insurance card to the hospital or medical clinic.

Private Transportation :Many Canadian families have one or more cars. Canadians either buy their cars new or used or they lease them, which is a form of rental. It is the law that all cars must be insured and registered with your provincial or territorial government. Car insurance can be expensive, but it protects you and other drivers in case of an accident. In most provinces, you can find more information by calling the Insurance Bureau of Canada.

Public transportation : Public transportation choices vary across Canada. Large cities such as Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver have the most options for public transportation with buses, urban trains or subways. Passengers must go to bus stops and train stations to wait for buses and trains. Some cities also have services called Park and Ride. If you live far from a bus stop you can drive your car to a special parking area, park your car and then take the bus or train. Smaller towns and rural areas usually do not have public transportation, but many have a local taxi service.

Accomodation : canada.accommodationforstudents.com is the Canada's No.1 Student Accommodation Search Engine.

Work and Study Permits     

Outlined below are important links to help you learn more about the study and work permit application process.

Learn more about work permits :www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp

Learn more about study permits : www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

Frequently asked questions about study and work permits : www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/study/index.asp

International students are eligible to apply for any available positions on campus not funded by the Ontario Government. 
Working Off Campus While Attending University
You must have a work permit to be eligible to accept employment off campus. The Off-Campus Work Permit Program is available to all international students that:

  • possess a valid study permit;
  • have been a full-time student at a participating institution for at least 6 months
  • are in good academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher)

Working After Graduation
Students who complete a degree, diploma or certificate program that is at least 8 months in duration may be eligible for an open work permit through the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program. This program is available after you graduate and is only available once in a lifetime. Even if you complete more than one program in Canada you can only apply to this program once. The validity of your work permit is dependent on the length of the program you complete. If your program is less than two years in duration your work permit will be granted for the same number of months as your program. If your program is two years or longer in duration you will qualify for a three year work permit. The length of your program is defined by the institution and not by the length of time in which it takes you to complete your degree. 

Your browser may not support display of this image.IMPORTANT: You need a Social Insurance Number(SIN) card to work in Canada.  
 Helpful tips for applying a job in Canada:  

  • a resume: Resumes may include information under headings like Contact Information, Job Goal, Related Skills, Education, Work Experience, Duties, Additional Experience, Interests/Activities, and References.
  • a cover letter:  A cover letter is your introduction to a potential employer. A cover letter should be concise, well-written and tailored to a company and job. This may mean that you prepare a different resume and cover letter for each job.  
  • company and job research : Search for the suitable company and position available through newspaper, websites or job centres.

General Expenses :                                                                                                                                                                                      Rent for one room appt will be approx 500CAD – 1100CAD                                                                                          Cable Tel : 25-50 CAD

Internet Connection : 40CAD,

Local Tel call 0.25,

Average restaurant meal 10-25 CAD per person


Immigration : http://www.servicesfornewcomers.cic.gc.ca/  You can find a complete list of immigrant-serving organizations across Canada on the

 Check this list before you leave :

  • Gather all of your essential and important documents. Have them translated into English or French.
  • Look into taking English or French lessons through the LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program. The French version of LINC is called CLIC (Cours de langue pour les immigrants au Canada).
  • Prepare yourself to find work in Canada. Research Canada’s labour market and learn about how to go about finding work here.
  • Research the immigrant-serving organizations available where you plan to settle in Canada so that you can contact them soon after you arrive.
  • Consider buying health insurance for the time you are traveling and for the short period before you become eligible for Canada’s medicare system.
  • Make sure you know what you can and cannot bring into Canada.
  • Consider living in one of Canada’s smaller or medium-sized cities, or in a rural community.
  • Consider the season and weather you will find when you arrive—and the clothing that you will need.

Once you reach :

  • Exchange your money for Canadian currency
  • Find temporary accommodation
  • Have some identification (ID) with you
  • Apply for private Health Insurance
  • Get a map of the area and find out about transportation in your area
  • Get your own telephone book
  • Contact an immigrant-serving organization in your community
  • Fill out the forms for a Social Insurance Number card and a Health Insurance card
  • Open a bank account
  • Know where the Language Instruction for Newcomers (LINC) assessment centre is in your community and register for language classes
  • Apply for the Canada Child Tax Benefit; call 1-800-387-1193
  • Apply for the GST/HST Credit; use Form RC151, Goods and Services Tax / Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) Credit Application found in the back pocket of this guide, or call 1-800-959-1953 for more information.
  • Know that you can apply for Canadian citizenship after living in Canada for three years

Free counselling

All Fields are required. Our counselor will contact you within 24hrs.

Upcoming Events

You are here: Home Study in Canada

Head Office

2nd floor, above saffron restaurant, Nr rutu ice cream, Anand Vidhyanagar Road, Anand - 388001, Gujarat, INDIA
  • Phone: 0091 2692 248333
  • TeleFax: 0091 2692 248333